What Lists Does LOUIS Manage?
- alearningla: discussion list for those interested in affordable learning in Louisiana
- infolit: discussion list for those interested in information literacy
- irig: discussion list for the institutional repository interest group
- ladir: discussion list for library deans and directors
- laexec: discussion list for members of the Executive Board
- ler: discussion list for those interested in electronic resources
- leradmin: discussion list for LOUIS Electronic Resource administrators
- louis: discussion list for ALL consortium members
- louisill: discussion list for those interested in interlibrary-loan
- lsa: discussion list for LOUIS SirsiDynix Symphony system administrators
- louistech: discussion list for those interested in library technology
- lss: discussion list for support staff (paraprofessionals, technicians, specialists) at LOUIS member libraries
- aaupla: discussion list for the Louisiana chapter of the American Association of University Professors
- alfs-Alexandria-Summit: discussion list for participants and friends of the Alexandria Summit meetings on faculty and educational governance
What Lists Can I Subscribe To?
The following lists are "open" lists:
These lists are only open to personnel at LOUIS libraries or faculty on campuses in Louisiana, so subscription requests are still mediated.
How Do I Subscribe?
Simply submit a request through the TASK Portal or complete the form on our website, and allow 24-48 hours for us to process your request!
Go to https://louis.libwizard.com/f/subscribe to subscribe via the web form.
Troubleshooting email receipt
- At the top of the page, select Settings > Mail.
- Under Options, select Block or allow.
- To add an entry to Safe senders and recipients, enter the email address or domain that you want to mark as safe in the Enter a sender or domain here text box, and then press Enter or select the Add (plus sign) icon next to the text box.
- For example, to mark all email from addresses that end in contoso.com as safe, enter contoso.com in the text box.
- To mark a specific person as safe, enter that person's full email address. For example, to mark all messages from KatieJ@contoso.com as safe, enter KatieJ@contoso.com in the text box.
- (Optional) Select the Trust email from my contacts check box to treat email from any address in your contacts folders as safe.
- Select Save to save your changes.
If you’re not receiving email from certain senders, you’ll first want to check your spam folder for those messages and mark them as “not spam” if you find them there. After that, you can add a sender’s email address to your Gmail contacts and create a filter rule that will act as your email white list.