LOUIS invites you to participate in the Hyku for Consortia Institutional Repository Pilot. Hyku for Consortia is an IMLS grant-funded project spearheaded by PALCI (Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium, Inc) and PALNI (Private Academic Library Network of Indiana) to increase the flexibility, accessibility, and usability of the multi-tenant repository platform system, Hyku. LOUIS and VIVA (Virginia's Academic Library Consortium) have agreed to provide up to four piloting institutions from their respective communities in order to ensure feedback is gathered from a larger community to test the scalability of the program.
In exchange for their participation, participants will receive their own Hyku repository for the duration of the grant (through July 2023) which they can customize and upload items and collections to. Hyku for Consortia will provide platform support, documentation, and training. While the repositories will be hidden by default, there is potential for them to be made live in the future, and for continued service depending on the business model case or support for exporting the data beyond the grant.
Full responsibilities of pilot participants are available in the timeline and expectations document. In summary, participants commit to participating in the following for the 2-year grant period (now until July 2023):
- Complete Hyku Commons Satisfaction Survey at least annually
- Participate in other user research such as focus groups, interviews, and usability studies
- During the initial pilot year (and optionally into year two), actively work in Hyku as a repository administrator, providing feedback and noting gaps
- Participate in the Hyku Commons User Group of piloters and consortia staff. Activities may include an email listserv, quarterly watercooler, and an annual web conference.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on operational model elements as they are developed, such as documents, use cases, policies, strategies, that may be incorporated into the Consortial Support for Hyku/Institutional Repository Toolkit
- Report back to your individual consortia per their requirements to how the system maps to consortial requirements and needs.
- Review completed Consortial Support for Hyku/Institutional Repository Toolkit
All LOUIS member institutions are welcome to apply. Participants do not need to have representation on the LOUIS IR Working Group. Please only submit one participant name and email in the application. The person you submit will act as the repository administrator; they may add other users to the repository from your institution once the repository has been created.
Application and Deadline
Please express your interest in participating by end of day Wednesday, November 17 by filling out the application form. Applicants will be reviewed by the LOUIS Institutional Repository Working Group and prioritized to include a mix of institution types and institutional repository experience. LOUIS will notify you of your selection by November 24.
About Hyku for Consortia: