April 22, 2022
- Stacy Brunner, Product Manager at OCLC
- Jenny Rosenfeld, Senior Product Analyst at OCLC
This video contains tips about the following:
- Real-time availability (“auto no”), which saves you from processing ILL requests you cannot fill.
Available for free, OCLC’s real-time availability service automatically checks the shelf status of an item. Libraries no longer need to spend time looking up each ILL requested item because the system can automatically deflect requests for items that are checked out or otherwise not available to lend. As a result, LOUIS libraries will only see requests they’re likely able to fill.
- Basic automations, which let you automate fulfillment of specific requests based on rules you set
- Knowledge base integration, which helps save time filling requests for articles
- OCLC’s new Express program, which is a cooperative program; libraries in the group receive the same fast ILL service that they provide. A list of LVIS sites is provided for you to select if you want to ILL for free.
To get start with smart fulfillment, visit: oc.lc/sf-get-started.
To request real-time availability (reduce the times you respond, “Not Owned”): oc.lc/realtimeill.
If you have questions about configuring these smart fulfillment capabilities, please don’t hesitate to contact OCLC Support at email@example.com.