Configuring Badgr with your Moodle account
Badgr is a "credentialing platform with stackable learning pathways and shareable learner records." You can collect badges that you have earned, including from LOUIS certification courses in Moodle, in a single location with Badgr.
- Create a Badgr account
- Login to Moodle and select the profile icon in the upper right.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Under Badges, select Backpack settings.
- Leave the pre-filled option in the drop-down menu labeled Backpack provider as is, and enter the email and password for your Badgr account.
- Check your email for an email with the subject "LOUIS Learning Management System: Badges backpack email verification." Click the verification link.
- In Moodle, select the profile icon in the upper right and select Preferences from the drop-down menu again.
- Under Badges, select Manage Badges
- Click the backpack icon () underneath every badge you wish to add to your Backpack
Now you should see your LOUIS Moodle badges in your Badgr backpack, and you should also be able to see your non-LOUIS badges in Moodle.
Other Open Badge systems and resources
These resources detail other systems that, like Moodle, have been certified to deliver Open Badges
Check your badges
If you're not sure if a badge you have received meets the Open Badges protocol, validate it using the Open Badges 2.0 Validator
Uploading non-Badgr badges to a backpack
Instructions from Badgr