At the end of the 2021-2022 SAGE EBA, every LOUIS library chose one of the six packages below for perpetual access. Board of Regents funding was used to make these perpetual access purchases at no cost to LOUIS members.
- SAGE Knowledge Books & Reference - Psychology and Medicine & Health (118 eBooks)
- SAGE Research Methods (SRM) Cases - SRM Cases: Medicine & Health
- SAGE Video - Counseling & Psychotherapy
- SAGE Video - Nursing (see note below)
- SAGE Video - Psychology 2021
- SAGE Video - Social Work
Please refer to the list of selected packages attached to the bottom of this article to see which package your institution chose.
Note for the SAGE Video - Nursing package: Assessment questions are available for instructors. To activate this feature, follow the instructions provided in the pdf attached to the end of this article, SV_Unlock_Nursing_Assessment_Questions. Library admins must utilize a verification code, which can be found on your Account Detail page in Secure Center. Please open a TASK ticket if you need help.
For all sites that opted in for LOUIS to manage their SAGE EBA MARC record loads, we have updated their Symphony catalog to include only MARC records for their selected package. If you are unsure if your site opted in, please click here for a Google spreadsheet list of who opted in.
If your site did not opt in, but you would like for us to load MARC records for your chosen package, please open a TASK ticket.
If you would like to load the records for your chosen package yourself, here are a few things you need to know:
- If during the EBA your site loaded MARC records for ALL packages, you will need to REMOVE all SAGE EBA records, EXCEPT those for your selected package.
- If your site never loaded any records for the EBA, you will just need to load the MARC file(s) for your chosen package. They are attached to the bottom of this article. Please note that some packages include a second "update" file. Both files should be loaded.
- If you chose one of the SAGE Video packages for perpetual access AND previously loaded ALL records for the EBA, you will need to remove ALL SAGE EBA records from your catalog AND load only the MARC file below that corresponds to your chosen Video package. The reason you need to do this is because all SAGE Video MARC records were previously included in a single SAGE Video MARC load file. The records in each SAGE Video file below have been edited to distinguish the specific Video package (Nursing, Psychology, etc.).
- We suggest using a Holding Code to load any of the MARC files attached to this article. If you need assistance, please open a TASK ticket.
If you are an OCLC-hosted EZproxy site and previously had them add the SAGE database stanza to your configuration, they should be keeping that updated for you.
If you host your own EZproxy server, you can check for the latest SAGE stanza here:
In addition to loading MARC records in Symphony for discoverability in your library's catalog, you may also choose settings in EBSCOadmin to make your chosen SAGE EBA package titles discoverable in EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) or Publication Finder. However, please note that if you have the MARC records in your Symphony catalog AND your site's catalog database enabled in your EDS profile in EBSCOadmin, those MARC records from your Symphony catalog should already appear in your EDS search results.
To see what settings you can add in EBSCOadmin, see our original article for the 2021-2022 EBA programs by clicking here. You should only choose those settings for your chosen package, and NOT for the entire '21-'22 EBA.
If you would like assistance with making your chosen SAGE EBA perpetual access package titles discoverable in EDS or Publication Finder, please open a TASK ticket.
Please sign in to leave a comment.