LOUIS has a number of virtual opportunities for professional development and training. This list is meant to share with new deans and directors or other library leaders so that they are aware of the training opportunities and content that exists.
The first thing we offer is several Moodle courses on the following topics:
- System Administrator training (3 classes: beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Electronic Resources training (2 classes: beginner and intermediate)
- Digital Privacy
Each class takes somewhere between about 4-10 hours, depending on the level and content of the class, and participants earn a certificate and digital badge upon completion.
For an in-depth look at the content and structure of those classes, visit our article about the classes. If you’d like to sign up any of your staff for this training, please fill out this form (or send it to them to fill out).
LOUIS has a video library that contains training in several topics, and we’ve recently organized that content into playlists (known as showcases on Vimeo). Here is a link to the full video collection, and also here are some specific playlists that are useful:
- The ILS Showcase with videos about Symphony Workflows
- The Electronic Resources Showcase with videos about various resources that LOUIS members have access to
- The Interlibrary Loan Resources Showcase
We have several webinars and events meant to offer continuing training to LOUIS members:
- Explore Your Resources, where each month we offer training on one resource in our core collection.
- We have Office Hours twice a month to focus on new products that we are rolling out. Right now we are working with CloudSource OA and BLUEcloud Course Lists. Read more about these Office Hours here.
- Our Symphony Reports Ask Me Anything meetings are monthly sessions where people can bring their questions about Symphony reports and reporting. All previous AMA meetings, as well as info about upcoming meetings, are available in the following task portal article: Symphony Reports - Ask Me Anything.